Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:10:16 -0600 (CST)

Jason Rumney wrote:

   New users will be used to blinking cursors from the other apps they
   use, only a few experienced Emacs users who use nothing else will
   be offended by the blinking, and they can easily figure out how to
   disable it.

Look, I feel like I have to react to this.  Your quote clearly seems
to clearly suggest that I am just "offended" by the blinking cursor
for no other reason than that I am a dogmatic purist old-fashioned
Emacs user who uses nothing else.  I clearly said in previous postings
that the blinking cursor produced discomfort to me because of
neuro-physiological differences with what presumably is the majority
of people.  Suggesting that this is untrue and that I am instead
ideologically motivated is an attack on my personal moral integrity.
It implies that I am a liar, dishonest and untrustworthy.

People can disagree with me, but somehow I would have hoped that such
disagreement would not cause people to attack me personally and
question my moral integrity.

Sincerely,

Luc.