Re: xassert in dispextern.h

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: xassert in dispextern.h
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:29:15 -0500

    I'll suggest that we leave the xassert in there for 2 more weeks --
    just in case something serious pops up -- and then remove them again
    and focus on finishing the release.

Since you're doing most of the work on debugging the display bugs,
my decision is to follow your judgment.

Miles wrote:

    The right answer is to change those xasserts (and _only_ those) which
    cause a problem or test something silly or are insanely inefficient
    [99% are quite efficient] to use some other macro, like "gdassert" or
    something, and make gdassert dependent on GLYPH_DEBUG.

First let's just turn them off.  Afterward, if you identify the set
that can reasonably and usefully always be on, we can follow your
suggestion.