Re: `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:32:31 +0900

>> I see, and I will have to keep in mind that there might still be
>> need to fix the address@hidden address@hidden' problem.

> I'd rather not have us fix a problem by reintroducing another problem
> that we fixed in the past.  Isn't there another way to solve both of
> them at once?

>> Probably, what makeinfo should do first will be to decode text,
>> before formatting them.  And the means to know the coding system
>> which is used to decode text will be necessary.

> There's already such a means: the @documentencoding directive.  What
> is missing is support for multibyte encodings.

I already tried it and failed.  The line

@documentencoding ISO-2022-JP

is not effective in the Japanese text encoded by the iso-2022-jp
coding system.  euc-jp and euc-japan or shift_jis, shift-jis and
sjis also do not the trick.  They cause an error as follows:

emacs-w3m-ja.texi:8: warning: unrecognized encoding name `ISO-2022-JP'.

Is the makeinfo v4.8 too old?  It misidentifies `@' contained in
the raw file contents as the commands.

Regards,