Re: C-u with mouse event is ignored?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-u with mouse event is ignored?
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:34:02 -0500

    I'm probably missing something simple, but it looks like C-u followed by a
    mouse event is ignored.

    1) Is this by design or a bug?

I don't know, but it seems rather silly to use mouse clicks
with keyboard arguments.

    2) If by design, shouldn't this be mentioned somewhere (e.g. node Prefix
    Command Arguments of Emacs manual)?

Certainly not there.  It isn't necessary to document that a certain
combination of inputs is meaningless.  We simply don't tell people
to use it.

However, it might make sense to document this in the Lisp manual
where `interactive' is described, since it is a limitation on
the documented constructs.