Re: crash: divide by 0

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: crash: divide by 0
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:00:35 -0600 (CST)

Sam Steingold wrote:

   GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195)
    of 2005-01-03 on WINSTEINGOLDLAP
   --with-msvc (12.00)

   with the current CVS HEAD I am getting consistent crashes (division by
   0) in xdisp.c:19222 (apparently "tab_width" is 0)

On GNU/Linux, tab-width is 8 by default.

Bela Anyos wrote:

   I can confirm this, too.
   I had a CVS update and a 'make bootstrap' today.
   To reproduce the problem just try to load a file.
   It crashes every time.
   I also have a Windows client. Does this happen on other platform(s) ?

You mean `M-x load-library RET edebug RET' in `emacs -q' produces a crash?
Does not happen for me on GNU/Linux.

So, at first view, it looks like an MS Windows specific problem.

Sincerely,

Luc.