Re: uppercase var names in docstrings

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: uppercase var names in docstrings
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:27:18 +0300

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> At home, I use: lowercase+underline -- lowercase makes it read naturally like
> part of the text, but the underlining makes them hard to miss.  [I realize
> that some people may not like this because they look the same as hyperlinks;
> I know the the difference between the two, so I don't care, but ...]

Instead of italics (which is unreadable with small font sizes) I highlight
lowercase arguments in a dark color (namely, DeepSkyBlue4, but any other
dark color will work): it is close to black (which is the default text
color; however, in help-argument-name's defface it might depend on
dark/light background parameter), so it doesn't attract much attention.
OTOH, it still differs from black enough to stand out sufficiently.
So, lowercase+colors is another solution to try.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/