Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: CVS directories in completion-ignored-extensions
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:08:33 -0600 (CST)

Eric Hanchrow wrote:

       Eli> The default value of completion-ignored-extensions includes
       Eli> "CVS/".  This is supposed to ignore the (usually
       Eli> uninteresting) `CVS' directories, but it also ignores
       Eli> directories like `foo-CVS', which seems to be an unintended
       Eli> consequence.

       Eli> Should we do something about this?

   Funny -- I *just* ran into this problem now.  Yes, I wish this were
   fixed.  I don't know how to fix it, unless there's another mechanism
   that uses full-blown regular expressions.

If I understand correctly, one does not want a directory name to
complete to "CVS", but one _does_ want directory names to complete to
strings ending in CVS.  In that case, why not keep it simple and just
remove "CVS/" from `completion-ignored-extensions'?  Trying to exclude
a three letter name from completion does not seem to be worth any trouble.

Sincerely,

Luc.