Re: Customize key bindings?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Customize key bindings?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:21:33 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Any plans to support customization of key bindings?
>>
>> Any further ideas?  My needs are satisfied by this, but I'm sure it
>> can be improved.
>
> There was some effort by me and Per some time ago on a custom widget
> for keymaps.  It worked quite well, but neither me nor Per ever
> installed it, if I remember correctly.
>
> Would you be interested in it?  I'd dig through my mail archives and
> see whether I can find something.

Did it work by modifying *-keymap?  I thought about that approach as
well, to support key customization in non-global modes as well, but
later changed my mind because it sounded like work, with possible
robustness issues, and the gains were unclear.  Adding global key
bindings solved my needs.  I'll try to look through old archives.
Although there is nothing that prevents installing both yours and mine
solutions, I think they would complement rather than compete.