Re: Emacs on MAC OS X 10.3

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Emacs on MAC OS X 10.3
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:56:30 +0100

Hi Dusan,

Dusan Turk <address@hidden> writes:
> I've downloaded the latest emacs 21.3.50.1 binary for MAC OS X
> 10.3. [...]
>
> [...] The problem is that whatever font I try to set via the menu I
> get "Font not found".  [...]

> The font I want to use does exist (xfontsel, xlsfonts) find it.

These are X11 utilities.  They report information about the separate
X11 environment, which will does things differently from the rest of
the system and from non-X11 programs.

As you are already using X11, you may have more success with using an
X11 Emacs instead of an Aqua Emacs.  There is a Fink package for that
<http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/emacs>.

> Also xterm does recognize it and applies it.  So I assume that it is
> a bug in the Emacs distribution.  Would be great if it worked.

Sadly, there is no maintainer for the Aqua Emacs at the moment.

benny