Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:40:57 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW, adding new nodes to a tree in this new widget is easy,
> but I can't find a way to delete a node.  Is it possible?

I don't understand the question.  Are you speaking of the 'child'
widget, or the 'binary-tree-of-string' example?

If the later, then you can't delete or add a single node in binary
tree.  If you do, the tree is no longer binary.  Binary trees always
have an odd number of nodes.  You can add two nodes by converting a
leaf node to an interior node, and you can delete two subtrees by
converting an interior node to a leaf node.