Re: Lawyer's evaluation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Lawyer's evaluation
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:05:47 -0400

        Miles>   `Emacs is Free Software'

        Miles> I.e. establish the term `Free Software' as a category.

    That would be nice, but I was unable to execute it.  The problem is
    that many users think they already know what "free software" means.

This is the free software movement.  The idea that we should
avoid mentioning "free software" is always unacceptable;
no matter what reasons might be offered, they are not good enough.