Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:28:54 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW, as a general matter, I find the set of bindings in isearch mode very
> confusing; I sort of wish they were all on a single prefix key or
> something...

I agree.  They feel very unnatural to me.  I always have to think
about eventhe simplest things such as ending isearch -- RET?  C-g?
The one leaves point, the other returns point.  But I do not want to
"Enter" -- I want to "Quit".  Oh well.  And then there is the
confusion of yanking and killing.  I sometimes kill a word, then want
to search for it.  C-s C-y will not do what I expect.  I don't like
it.

Alex.