Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: 30 Aug 2002 14:07:51 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> > I implemented Miles suggestion that C-x e end and executes the macro.
> > This is done by binding C-x e to kmacro-end-or-call-macro.
>
> BTW, is there any reason to change the names of all these functions?

The old names are the built-in C functions.  I still need those for
interfacing to the actual definition and execution of keyboard macros.
Of course, I could change the names of the C functions, but then
other existing code interfacing to these functions could break.

> If your code is better, why not replace the old functions?

> There's presumably people out there using the old names, and since the
> new functions are backward-compatible, they'd be a drop-in-replacement.

For non-interactive use they are not completely backwards compatible.