Re: current CVS redisplay is fucked

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: current CVS redisplay is fucked
Date: 28 Aug 2002 11:38:34 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > Ummm, I can't reproduce this bug.   Do you customize
> > something related to fringe?
>
> I first tried re-adding the patch I had reverted, just to make sure the
> bug was still there -- and it wasn't!
>
> Anyway, now it seems to work fine with the code out of CVS, I have no
> idea why it was screwing up before.  Maybe a cosmic ray flipped the
> wrong bit somewhere...
>
> Sorry for the false alarm.

I saw the same thing yesterday.

Did you install my suggested "alternate-cursor-type" patch?

I found that uninstalling that patch and recompiling made the problem
disappear.

I not surprised if my patch doesn't work together with Richard's
changes from yesterday (blink-cursor-alist) as they are related to the
same areas of the code.