Re: init_iterator takes window

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: init_iterator takes window
Date: 23 Aug 2002 15:29:05 -0400

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

   The problem is not specific to variable-width fonts.

true.

   And the problem is not only with `current-column' but also
   with how we use the result.  If we then use it to align to
   pieces of text, they might be aligned in one window but not
   in another.

yes, this is the real problem, AFAICS.

   PS: I don't see why `current-column' needs an extra `window' argument.
       What's wrong with using the currently selected window ?

you're right.  it doesn't.  i retract that proposal, now realizing that
selected window sensitivity is already supported.  i'll use selected window
for the iterator.

thi