Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Romain FRANCOISE
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:51:46 +0200

Kim F Storm writes:

> I've been using the following alternative for quite some
> time, and I find it much easier on the eyes:

>         Top (1,0)
>         43% (172,23)
>         Bot (341,0)

The problem with this is that for the newcomer, it's not obvious that
the numbers refer to the current column and line.  I agree that your
solution is compact and acceptable for a trained eye, but I wouldn't
recommend it as a default setting.  And for the record, I like the
current default setting, it's easily readable and clearly
distinguishes line and column numbers, so my vote goes to "status quo"
on this issue.

Just my 2c,

Romain.
--