Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:16:31 -0500 (CDT)

Miles Bader wrote:

   That would be a silly solution.

   I think the right thing to do is to have `C-x 4 C-o' invoke a command
   that binds those variables to nil and calls display-buffer (instead of
   invoking display-buffer directly, as it does now).

OK, I probably did not think things over carefully enough.  C-o in the
buffer menu should also be bound to that new command however.  Also,
ielm-display-working-buffer should bind these two variables to nil
around its call to display-buffer.  The same might be true for
dired-display-file, even though most of these buffers are usually not
visiting files.  I bet there are probably other situations like this,
but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Sincerely,

Luc.