Re: Why do we spend time on Emacs on Guile?

From: D. Goel
Subject: Re: Why do we spend time on Emacs on Guile?
Date: 16 Aug 2002 12:52:19 -0400

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> How many of the members on emacs-devel plan to switch to Guile once it
> is available?

i am not sure i qualify as a developer :), but i certainly want to try
guile out, and even explore switching to guile instead of elisp.

> Why would you do that?

For one, i kinda understand guile will be a much more universal
language than Elisp..  and will be interoperable with several
applications and languages in the long run..  It will be the standard
'GNU extension language'..

> Have you ever programmed in Guile/Scheme ?  How much?

yes.  not much.   scheme is nice :)