Re: backward-up-list

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: backward-up-list
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:16:59 -0600 (MDT)

    I very often use sexp-operations like backward-up-list inside strings
    (and even across strings, although it's only by luck that it works ;-).
    It's very handy when jumping around regexp groups, for example.

    Maybe this usage pattern is unusual, I don't know, but I do know that
    I would miss it enough to write a little function to recover the "old"
    behavior rather than get used to the new behavior.

It should not be hard to preserve a way to do what you want.