Re: make-frame-on-display returns BadAtom error

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: make-frame-on-display returns BadAtom error
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:00:47 -0600 (MDT)

    I have just tried building emacs on Solaris 8 (we are using gcc 2.7.2.3)
    but I get the same problem. Note that if I try make-frame-on-display
    on a UNIX type machine I get a BadWindow error (code 3).
    I get a BadAtom error (code 18) when I try to connect to Exceed 6.1 on a
    Windows NT machine.

It sounds like you are now saying that no Emacs executable you can
construct works properly on Solaris 8, and the same for Solaris 9.

Is this correct?

If that is the case, I don't know how we can debug it.  Only a Solaris
and X wizard can debug it.