Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:25:55 -0600 (MDT)

    > We should extend Guile so that its mechanism for handling variables
    > dynamically is up to the job; then we should use that mechanism for
    > these variables.

    yeah - let's extend Guile to be a kind of Common Lisp.

I am talking about a small change in features that already exist.  The
issue at hand is for features Common Lisp does not have.

    A lot of _really_ smart people contributed to the design of Common Lisp.
    It is a shame that you want to throw away all that good work and
    redesign everything from scratch.

You mean smart people like Guy Steele, who is also co-designer of Scheme?