Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: 02 May 2002 01:34:43 +0200

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:

>    From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>    Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:19:10 -0600 (MDT)
>
>    > Do people think that Reveal mode should be enabled by default?
>
> I think it can be confusing. I found it really useful and instead of
> enabling it by default, I'd prefer to have it documented in the manual so
> users can easily enable it.

I think that we should consider adding a few more sub-menues
to the Options menu to make more of the built-in functionality
of emacs directly selectable:

        More Display Options   ->

                Reveal Mode
                Show Trailing Whitespace
                Blinking Cursor
                Display Image Files
                Glasses mode
                Highlight current line
                Resize Minibuffer Mode

        More Editing Options   ->

                Auto-Expand Abbreviations
                Auto-Revert files (when changed outside emacs)
                Auto-Save files
                C warning Mode
                Refill Mode
                Write using mouse (Strokes mode)

        More Environment Options   ->

                Interactive Buffer Switching
                Incremental completion mode
                Mouse avoidance mode  ->  [option list]
                Mouse wheel support
                CUA mode
                VIPER mode
                Delete Selection mode
                PC selection mode
                Remember Recently Edited files
                Undoable window changes (winner mode)

Also on Show/Hide, add

                Battery indicator
                Ruler
                Current function name (Which Function mode)

On the edit menu, add

                Overwrite Mode
                Artist Mode
                Picture Mode