VMS

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: VMS
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 15:41:30 +0100

I was trying to understand if the old VMS code contained in etags.el,
which I maintain, should be left alone or removed/updated.

The code in etags.c conditionally includes rmsdef.h, which I found
nowhere.

The vms/README file mentions an URL under vms.gnu.org, but that page is
redirected to something mentioning a disk crash, which is dated July
2001.  Moreover http://vms.gnu.org/ gives error 400.

The FTP file mentions two ftp servers containing VMS ports of GNU
software, but I cannot access either.

Given all these problems, and given that the VMS code in etags.c is very
old and, as far as I know, not recently tested, maybe this is a good
time to remove it.  Does anyone have more founded opinions?