Re: Tabs in header line

From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: Tabs in header line
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:57:51 +0100

>>>>> "dl" == Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

  dl> When I last looked, ironically w3m couldn't deal properly with
  dl> arbitrary encodings of web pages under Emacs; I don't remember
  dl> whether the deficiency was in w3m itself or the Emacs interface.

yes, this was due to HTTP servers sending inconsistent headers for
HEAD and GET requests (eg, sending gzipped results for a GET, but not
including the Content-Encoding header for the equivalent HEAD
request). This has now been fixed: instead of making a HEAD then a GET
request, w3m.el asks w3m for an extended GET including headers.

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>