Re: loading functions from a shared library

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: loading functions from a shared library
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:21:56 -0700 (MST)

      Sysdll.[ch] both start with the following text:

    /* sysdll.c --- system dependent support for dynamic linked libraries

      So I imagine that adding them to the Emacs source tree shouldn't be
     problematic

One of the unfortunate things about XEmacs maintenance is that they
have not kept careful track of who wrote what.  As a result, it is
hard to draw much of a conclusion from a notice such as that one.  It
could be that the people who wrote those file signed FSF legal papers
for this code.  It could be that some of the authors of the files have
not signed papers, but did not bother to add their own copyright
notices.  It could be that none of them signed papers but they put
this notice on the file anyway.

The only way to find out if to talk with people who maintained the
code and try to form a complete list of contributers to these files.
Then we can see what papers those people have signed, if any.