Re: in a telnet window the "password" prompt stays too long in the model

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: in a telnet window the "password" prompt stays too long in the modeline
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 06:18:43 -0700 (MST)

    I used an emacs telnet window to change my password on a machine.  The
    initial, new, and repeated new passwords were entered, the "passwd"
    command was ok with the changes ... but the modeline still had the
    "password" prompt visible and was still consuming characters.

Do you add comint-watch-for-password-prompt to
comint-output-filter-functions?  It seems to me that if you don't add
this, telnet mode won't try to handle those other passwd prompts in
any special way.  However, strange things happened when I tried it myself.