Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:49:21 -0500

> I  want to give other people, particularly Gerd, a chance to comment
> before I decide.

Okay. CVS mh-e now has:

  cabinet.pbm
  cabinet.xpm
  execute.pbm
  execute.xpm
  nextpage.pbm
  nextpage.xpm
  refile.pbm
  refile.xpm
  repack.pbm
  repack.xpm
  show.pbm
  show.xpm
  widen.pbm
  widen.xpm
  mail/reply2.pbm
  mail/reply2.xpm

I used "reply2" to avoid collision with the gnus icon.

I'll adapt this as the image directory issue is sorted out.

>     How should elisp code refer to them?
>
>     (tool-bar-add-item "reply" 'mh-reply 'mh-folder-reply
>                            :help "Reply to this message")
>     (tool-bar-add-item "show" 'mh-toggle-showing 'mh-folder-toggle-show
>                            :help "Toggle showing message")
>
>     or
>
>     (tool-bar-add-item "mail/reply" 'mh-reply 'mh-folder-reply
>                            :help "Reply to this message")
>
> I think the latter is better.  For Lisp code, we want the subdir
> structure to be "invisible", because originally we had all the
> files in one directory and later split them up, and we wanted
> compatibility.  Here, though, we don't need that kind of compatibility.
> So let's express the dirs explicitly.
>
> If the images remain in Lisp, the existing load-path will work fine
> for them either way.

Works okay now.

> If the images directory is not under lisp/, then load-path is
> irrelevant here.  And if all image names are relative to the topmost
> images directory, there is no need for a path at all.  It just needs a
> variable called image-directory.

I'm sure the new scheme will be okay for third party elisp code.  There
will be some sort of list which they can append a directory to?

>     Should the generic ones install to lisp/toolbar ?
>
> I am confused here--I thought we were discussing the proposal that the
> images won't be in lisp/ any more.  What option are you discussing?

I meant until the change.

Thanks,

Peter