Re: xt-mouse wheel support patch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: xt-mouse wheel support patch
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:07:04 -0500

> * Richard Stallman <address@hidden> at 2001-12-01 21:29-0700
> | Are you using an xterm, or is it a Linux console?
> | This file says it is used for both.
>
>   i've tested at the putty on w2k. X windows is not available right now.
>   Can anybody check this out in xterm with '-nw'?

In my tests it seems that the current code works and that
your patches breaks it.  But when I say "works" it's not quite
true because both Emacs and xterm end up interpreting the
event, so scroll-up scrolls the xterm text and the text
inside the emacs buffer (scroll-down ends up working better
because in most cases, the xterm text is already at the bottom
so the scroll-down turns into a nop as far as xterm-scrolling
is concerned).
This is with an xterm from RedHat's XFree86-4.0.1 package.

        Stefan