Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew text with points

From: TAKAHASHI Naoto
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew text with points
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:14:09 +0900 (JST)

Eli Zaretskii writes:

> I'd say it's perfect.  What were the reasons people regarded the display
> as ``not perfect''?

The position of points can be improved.  For example,

#######
     #
     #
     #
     .

would be better than the current

#######
     #
     #
     #
   .

The printing in the textbook I have consulted supports this opinion.
What do you think?

> I do think that a decent way of typing points is important; asking users
> to know the Unicode codepoints is too much.

Of course I can easily add experimental input method for points; just
adding a number of quail rules suffices.

However, I wonder how big the requirement is.  Are Hebrew users keen
to type points?  They usually do without points, right?

I basically agree with you about the importance of UI.  However, I
disagree about the C-l propblem; it is VERY annoying and should be
corrected ASAP.

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
address@hidden