elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] CSS for LyX-Code

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] CSS for LyX-Code
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:08:13 +0200

Hi Jack,

I am clearing up my inbox, and I see that this one was not answered.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Jack Desert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have been taking advantage of the style/format called LyX-Code. I notice
> that eLyXer puts these in a <pre> tag, which is defined like this using the
> nonGNU-hosted CSS file:
>
> pre {
>        padding: 0em;
>        margin: 0em;
>        width: auto;
>        font-family: monospace;
>        line-height: 1.5em;
> }
>
> Which seems to only change the font-family. I generally prefer my code
> snippets indented a bit to make them stand out. Do most people like them
> left-aligned? Would you be interested in defining a style in the main
> nonGNU-hosted CSS file, something like:
>
> LyX-Code {
>        margin-left: 5em;
> }

I think it's fine. I will add it to the server, as this:

pre.LyX-Code {
       margin: 0em 3%;
}

As a % of page width so that browsers on smaller windows don't get
swamped. Is this good enough? If so, I will upload it to nongnu.org
ASAP (no need to wait for 0.44). I have also noticed a bug: with <pre>
there is no need to include line breaks <br/>, but they are there.
This I will correct for 0.44.

Thanks for your patience,

Alex.