eev

How to test a buttonizer

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: How to test a buttonizer
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 00:26:03 -0300

Hi Jean Louis,

I was going to answer this in private, but my answer was getting very
long and very detailed, and I saw that I would prefer to send it to a
public place. So here is it.

1. Introduction
===============
I think that you will need several different buttonizing functions.
For most of the functions here

  (find-eev "eev-elinks.el")

a simple algorithm will work, but try this one:

  (find-ecolor-links "gold")

it has some weird sexps - try it! =) - and most of the functions here

  (find-eev "eev-tlinks.el")

are even worse... for example, this one, that I will also mention
again later for other reasons,

  (find-angg-es-links)

shows some multi-line sexps in the temporary buffer, and some lines
there end with things in parentheses like this one:

  (fname &rest rest)

Should the buttonizer treat that as an elisp hyperlink? I don't know -
some people would accept using one that does, but some people would
hate one that buttonizes that argument list as a hyperlink...

2. find-find-links-links-new
============================
Practically all the functions in these two files

  (find-eev "eev-elinks.el")
  (find-eev "eev-tlinks.el")

are based on "skeletons" generated by `find-find-links-links-new'.
Try this, and try to run the sexps after the ";; Skel:"s:

  (find-eevgrep "grep --color=auto -nH --null -e Skel: *.el")

The function `find-find-links-links-new' is explained in the first
part of this video here:

  ;; Title: Some template-based functions of eev that are not five-minute hacks
  ;; MP4:   http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2020-some-template-based.mp4
  ;; YT:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-9YfRPsuk
  ;; Page:  http://angg.twu.net/2020-some-template-based.html
  ;; Comment: