edu-eu

Re: Migration to free

From: Nick Hockings
Subject: Re: Migration to free
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 00:16:05 +0200 (SAST)

> From: Hilaire Fernandes <address@hidden>
>
> Indeed the point 3) and 4) you are talking about are related.
> DemoLinux may became very attracting as soon as it will include a set
> of package interesting for the education. What we have done at Ofset is to
> create a catalogue of such free software then when available we point
> at the Debian package when it exists. ....

> As DemoLinux is Debian based, I do not know how hard it will be to
> build an additional CD to the DemoLinux (kind of edu application CD).
> Do you have any idea about that ?
>

> From: Bruno Coudoin <address@hidden>
>
> My understanding is that since demolinux is an OS on cdrom with no
> installation, you need to keep the cd in the tray or you loose your os
> :(
>
> Thus you cannot do an additional CD. You have to build a specific demo
> linux + edu app instead.

Bruno is right, I have to make a vesion of DemoLinux that includes what ever
software I wish to demonstrate on the same CD. I anticipate that this won't be
excessively dificult, because that is what DemoLinux was created to do: make
demo CDs for different apps. (Together with my co-conspirators, I will find out
how hard shortly.)

The Ofset list will be our principle resource for the education demo CD.

Nick Hockings

<address@hidden>,
<address@hidden>,
<address@hidden>