edu-eu

Cooperation - Free Software in Schools - European Level

From: Christian Selig
Subject: Cooperation - Free Software in Schools - European Level
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:34:43 +0200

Hello GNU European Education list,
hello Italian GNU/Linux users,
hello Teemu!

In the last SEUL/Edu letter, I have read that there are two new national initiatives to promote the use of GNU/Linux in schools, one in Italy and one in Finland. Congratulations to your efforts!

I'm one of the organization guys of the Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org/) and I'm especially active in the field of education. Our initiative "Free Software and Education" seeks to link national efforts to bring GNU/Linux and Free Software to schools and hopefully create sound new projects to achieve more Free Software usage in education.

I invite you to join our mailing list (via http://www.fsfeurope.org/education/) and introduce your organizations, what you have already done, what your outlook into the future looks like etc. Perhaps we can find common ways of achieving our goals throughout Europe and share experiences, thus avoiding doubled work, especially concerning EU project funding. I'd be really happy if you decided to get in touch with us!

With best regards,
  Christian Selig

P.S.: Sorry for writing in English, but I speak neither Finnish nor Italian :)