dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] does dvipng include the dpi information in its output?

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] does dvipng include the dpi information in its output?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:48:32 +0200

2012-10-14 16:00, jfbu skrev:
But with dvipng I get the behavior I have described: the natural size
rather than remaining invariant changes with the setting of the -D
option.

Yes, this is what I would suspect. dvipng uses the Graphics Draw library (libgd), and there was no way to include this kind of information in a saved PNG back when I wrote dvipng. Perhaps there is now, I'll need to check.

The -D switch does select the resolution in "natural" units, relative to the TeX dimensions, so it would be the correct thing to do.

/JÅ