dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:22:22 +0200

A closer look shows that certain programs used to display the images (I
use different programs on different machines) do not handle
alpha-channel antialiasing in palette images. Bad. Probably this is what
affects your printer as well.

I'll think about this but it is likely that the default behaviour of
dvipng will change: Alpha-channel antialiasing (~full alpha
transparency) will force truecolor output, much as image inclusion does
already.

So do use the --truecolor switch for now, that should solve your problem.

Best
/JÅ