dvipng

RE: [Dvipng] Windows MiKTex/TexLive2007 dvipng problems with fonts

From: Mark Hammond
Subject: RE: [Dvipng] Windows MiKTex/TexLive2007 dvipng problems with fonts
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:36:14 -0700

Jan-Ake Larsson wrote:

> Hm, and it runs successfully on the second invocation. Seems like a race
> or something inside MiKTeX-kpathsea.

I hadn't considered that, but that does seem like a strong possibility (though
it is still unclear why it would want to generate PK fonts.)

> Good, this means it certainly is the process of finding the fonts that
> fails and nothing else.
>
> Perhaps I can have a look at the source of the kpathsea emulation to see
> what is going on, I dunno. But to do this I need time...
>
> /JÅ

No worries; the makepk proxy workaround I outlined coupled with invoking dvipng
twice is functional.

Let me know if I can provide any information to assist.

Thanks,

-Mark