dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] one pixel added to top of image?

From: Jan-Ake Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] one pixel added to top of image?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:56:51 +0100

jw wrote:
> When I run this through dvipng, I notice the vrule at the left starts
> one pixel down from the top.
> It is always one pixel, regardless of resolution.
> dvips does not seem to have the same behavior - is this a bug, or do I
> miss something?

You are seeing this because the vrule starts just below the DVI origin.
and dvipng is made to include the DVI origin.

Hmm, perhaps the code is written to include the pixel above and right
from (0,0). I'll need to think about this, perhaps it would be better to
include the pixel below and right of (0,0).

Anyhow, you can avoid this by using the switch -Ttight to dvipng.
/JÅ