dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] disappearing branches with qtree

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] disappearing branches with qtree
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:42:48 +0200

Jürgen Spitzmüller skrev:
Also sprach Jan-Åke Larsson:
Possibly dvips understands "B" as "bind def", I do not know. There is
certainly no header included in your file that defines "B".

Hm, I just saw that dvips-generated postscript files usually contain definitions like

begin/N{def}def/B{bind def}N

I am not familar with PostScript, but doesn't that mean that "B" is defined as an alias to "bind def" by dvips? Thus, the code in the pgf file would be valid, wouldn't it?

Yes and no. The code is provided for the dvips driver, to make Postscript out of DVI. However, there are other drivers around that take dvips-intended DVIs and displays them. This includes dvipng and xdvi.

I could arrange for dvipng to include the correct incanatation to make this work, but that would not fix xdvi's problem. I think it is better to fix this closer to the source.

Cheers,
Jan-Åke