dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] DVD VCR

From: Kieran Bingham
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD VCR
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:28:24 +0000

Hi,

I'm looking to be able to record a webcam onto a DVD as it records live.

I'm sure that this should be possible technically, for example there
are DVD recorders that record from TV, or Camcorders that record
directly to DVD.

At the moment, I am obtaining the camera feed using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -r 60000/1001 -s svga -i /dev/video0 -target pal-dvd

I'm thinking I can then output this stream to a named fifo pipe, of
which could be read by the dvdrecording application perhaps.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the best way to write to DVD on
the fly is ?
Is dvdrtools the right tool for the job? or should I be stripping the
source code and putting something together myself?

Regards

Kieran Bingham