Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures on backup jobs from cron

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures on backup jobs from cron
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:32:19 -0600

Hi Russel,

1) Which version(s) of duplicity, Python, OS are you using?  Which work and which don't.

2) As to your problem with the cryptography module install, try:

    $ python3 -m pip install --U cryptography::38.0.4

    or ignore it completely if you are not using azure backend.

3) On the cron job, make sure all paths are set properly in crontab, and make sure you don't have duplicate duplicity instances:

    $ find /usr -name duplicity -type f
    $ find /usr -name duplicity -type d

    If you have more than one response from above, uninstall all, and reinstall the one you want.

4) If you installed from source, just remember that the source is non-versioned.  We use the last tag as the version during release.
    There are multiple options both stable and latest:
    Since the snap versions have all the pypi stuff resolved that may be your best bet.

I hope some of this helps.

...Thanks,
...Ken