[Duplicity-talk] Problem with profile

From: Joe
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with profile
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 07:29:31 +0000

Hello,
I have a problem and hope you can help me.

I have been using duply for a while now, but some weeks ago I had
to update my Linux Mint and in that process it seems
that also duply / duplicity were upgraded to duply v2.3.1 / duplicity 0.8.21

The profiles are located in my normal user account in
/home/username/.duply/MyProfile

where MyProfile belongs to root and has 700 permissions

When I want to create a backup I will run

sudo duply MyProfile backup

which has been working like a charm for years now.

Since the update I get the message

Sorry. A fatal ERROR occured:

Selected profile 'MyProfile' does not resolve to a profile folder in
'/root/.duply/MyProfile'.

sudo echo $HOME
points to
/home/username

I have no clue what has changed and why the profiles are not found.

Can someone help me with this?

Kind regards,
Markus