Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and crontab

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and crontab
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 13:18:28 +0100

On 11/6/2020 12:45, Giuliano Franchetti via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I have made a shell script to perform a backup with duplicity, the script
> works well if I run it from xterm.
> However, when I try to run the script with cron for automatising the backup
> something does not work
> with duplicity. I looked in the web but it is not clear what is the way out.
>
> Has anyone succeeded to do this?

indeed some did :) i can give you some hints.

there's probably an error in your /var/log/messages or syslog. check that.

did you provide a proper PATH variable in your crontab? most crons have only a
limited path set initially.

ordinary cron daemons support MAILTO so any output is send via mail too the
given address. you might want to set set for debugging or generally.