Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem loading librsync lib module

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem loading librsync lib module
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 19:20:03 -0500

Hi MRob,

Please try the "official" source: https://launchpad.net/duplicity/0.7-series/0.7.14/+download/duplicity-0.7.14.tar.gz

Not sure what github repo you downloaded, so just playing it safe.

Also, please uninstall duplicity if it was previously installed via a repo.  They end up in different places and that can cause havoc.

You can find duplicity with:

$ find /usr -type f -name duplicity    # for the main
$ find /usr -type d -name duplicity   # for the library

Just remove them manually, especially if you find them in more than one location.  Then try the install from the tarball above.

...Ken

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 4:11 PM MRob <mrobti@insiberia.net> wrote:
Hi Kenneth!

> Where did you get this duplicity?  What version?

 From github. 0.7.14 (need that version on purpose)

> What OS are you using?  What version?

Debian wheezy (yes i know)

> Normally, running setup.py from the root directory will do the trick.
> Have
> you tried that?

Yes - downloaded tar.gz file, untarred, ran "python setup.py install" no
install errors, but the errors as below that i canot solve.

appreciate if you have suggestion. it's ok if its a hack because it will
only be temporary on a system that needs to be decommissioned