Re: [Duplicity-talk] python3, and a gpg question

From: Mike Gorse
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] python3, and a gpg question
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:07:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 10 May 2019, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk wrote:

but I'm getting this error when running
list-current-files:

GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: AES encrypted data
gpg: gcry_kdf_derive failed: Invalid data
gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
===== End GnuPG log =====

I'm wondering whether anyone has seen this; I'm puzzled by it, since
it doesn't appear to be an issue of the back end corrupting the data,
and restore works correctly despite list-current-files failing.

sounds like it needs the proper passphrase for symmetrically encrypted backup
data. can you check that it is given and properly propagated?

Indeed, gpg is not being passed a passphrase. Duplicity isn't asking for one because, in theory, it shouldn't need to invoke gpg at all when listing files, once the local cache is synch. Still investigating the root cause; probably a regression from my python 3 changes.

Thanks,
-Mike