Re: [Duplicity-talk] Understanding Duplicity run report

From: Mikko Ohtamaa
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Understanding Duplicity run report
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:04:22 -0700

Hi,

In you case, every file was considered "new". I'm not sure why that is but forcing a full backup would, I believe, generate that behavior. It's easy to spot if you have "duplicity full" or duplicity --full-if-older-than 0D". Another possibility is having a "dynamic" target folder, that is, if the target folder is different in every backup it obviously has no previous backup to work with and starts a full one.

Thank for all the help. I managed to get this fixed. In fact it turned out to be a problem with command line and it run full backup every time, no so it is me and my scripts to blame.

Cheers,
Mikko