Re: [Duplicity-talk] get rid of empty incremental changes

From: Cláudio Gil
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] get rid of empty incremental changes
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:37:33 +0000

Hi,

I don't think there is a direct option that you can specify to avoid that. You could execute with --dry-run and check the statistics. If there are no changes then you can skip the backup.

Cheers,
Cláudio

Hello,

When performing an incremental backup, if there is no change, duplicity produces 3 files (the manifest, the difftar and the sigtar) that (as far as I understand) are useless.
I mean that if you delete them it does not change a thing, or I missed something.

Is there an easy way not to produce these empty backups, or to remove them ?

Thanks,

Karl Forner