[Duplicity-talk] Full non-encrypted local backup taking too long

From: Jake Wilson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Full non-encrypted local backup taking too long
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 10:36:01 -0600

Hi have about 450 gigs of data that I need to backup.  I am using duplicity for the first time.  I am only backing up to a local USB 2.0 HDD.  This is the command I ran

duplicity --no-encryption --include-filelist=filelist / file:///mnt/hdd/backup

The filelist is obviously just a list of directories I want backed up.  It totals about 450 gigs on disk.  Duplicity has been running for 20+ hours now on it's first full backup.

Is this normal?  It certainly does not take 20+ hours to copy 450 gigs to an external USB 2.0 HDD.  What is taking so long?  It's not even encrypted.  I can't imagine trying to use duplicity to backup multiple terabytes of data.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Jake