Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: GPG taking many ressources

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: GPG taking many ressources
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 06:21:02 -0500

Jacob Godserv wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 17:25, Henrik Olsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> As I'm still having the issue, I was wondering if GPG 1.4.10 could be the
>> issue, and I should try 2.x instead?

There are still some interface changes that need to be made for 2.x, but
it might work.

> Have we determined why so many gpg processes are open?

It's a side effect of the iteration process.  There are about 8 levels
of iteration going on and closure happens when iteration completes.

The issue here is why it works on Linux, but not on OS X.  Function
threaded_waitpid() waits for the gpg process to complete and gets the
exit status, thus harvesting the child processes earlier than the
iteration would have.  This works on Linux, but seemingly not on OS X.

I do not have access to OS X, so any help with this would be appreciated.