Proposed implementation - review request Re: [Duplicity-talk] Removing i

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Proposed implementation - review request Re: [Duplicity-talk] Removing incrementals of old full backups
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:58:06 +0200

Hi.

Le samedi 20 mars 2010 à 11:53 +0100, address@hidden a écrit :

> >> 3) there is currently no way to cherry pick delete some backups. If you
> >> really want to you can have a look in your backup repository and
> >> manually/scripted delete the backups you do not need anymore. The file
> >> names are pretty descriptive.
> >>

> > Hence the need for some kind of delete-old-incrementals command IMHO.
>
> as always, go ahead and implement it or (as you did) file a feature request

-> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/542482

I've tried and implement it, then.

You'll find in lp:~olivierberger/+junk/dupl-542482 a proposed
implementation, which consists as a new command
"remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full" which is a variant of
remove-all-but-n-full.
Only at the moment of the deletion of the set, will it check whether it
is actually incremental (and delete) or full (and will then keep it).

It should work... however, I can't seem to see the files deleted really
from a local backup backend :-/

I wonder if it is me or if the code of remove-all-but-n-full wouldn't
work either... :-/ something as the delete() function of sets doesn't
seem to actually unlink anything on the disk. Haven't had time to debug
any more, but any advise would be much welcome.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>