Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity failed after several successful backups

From: Douglas Muth
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity failed after several successful backups
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:50:57 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Edward Jiang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I've been using duplicity for backup for some time, but recently one of the
> backup started to fail, after "cleanup" command, it still failed to backup,
> giving the following error in the log:

[snip]

> IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

What a vague error. :-o

Try running duplicity with the -v9 option and see if it turns up anything?

If you're feeling really masochistic, you could also attempt running
it under the strace/ktrace program, but I suspect that -v9 will be far
more useful for this error.

-- Doug

--
Douglas T. Muth * Philadelphia, PA, USA